G. Brint Ryan Endowed Chair in Behavioral Accounting
The Department of Accounting at the University of North Texas G. Brint Ryan College of Business invites applications for the G. Brint Ryan Endowed Chair in Behavioral Accounting.
The appointee should have an internationally recognized record of research and scholarship in the field of behavioral and experimental accounting, as evidenced by publications in leading accounting journals, citations, established research networks and presentations at national and international conferences.
The successful candidate will:
• Conduct and collaborate on high quality research leading to publications in leading journals.
• Develop and teach undergraduate and/or graduate courses (Masters and PhD) that align the appointee’s areas of expertise with the department’s areas of need.
• Serve as a role model within the faculty who encourages, advises and collaborates with their colleagues and students.
• Participate in conferences and workshops to keep research and classroom current.
• Engage in service activities within the university and the profession. • Provide thought leadership and share ideas through engagement with diverse groups, including faculty, students, alumni, industry professionals, and other external stakeholders.
• A doctorate in accounting or a closely related field from an AACSB-accredited institution.
• Academically qualified status, according to SACS and AACSB standards, to teach at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
• Outstanding record of research, teaching and service in accounting.
• Willingness and ability to supervise doctoral students in accounting.
• Record of leadership in teaching and research in accounting.
• Evidence of collaborative research and publications with leading accounting scholars.
• Registration of editorial positions in the main accounting journals.
• Demonstrated ability to direct theses and place doctoral students.
• Demonstrated leadership in mentoring and working collaboratively with colleagues.
• Involvement with the main professional organizations in the accounting discipline.
• Ability to work collaboratively with external organizations and stakeholders
UNT and the G. Brint Ryan College of Business
The University of North Texas is a Carnegie R1 National Research Institution located in the dynamic and growing Dallas-Fort Worth metropolitan area and is located near DFW International Airport. UNT is the only university system based exclusively in the robust Dallas-Fort Worth area, where we are committed to transforming lives and creating economic opportunity through education. UNT enrollment is over 44,000 students including over 6,500 graduate students. The G. Brint Ryan College of Business is accredited by AACSB International. Please visit our website (https://cob.unt.edu) to learn more about the G. Brint Ryan College of Business and the university.
UNT Accounting Department
The mission of the Department of Accounting is to advance the knowledge and ethical practice of accounting, and to promote the technical, professional, and personal skills among a diverse student body to excel in a technology-dependent global economy. We offer a full range of academic programs, including a Bachelor of Accounting (BBA), a 150-hour Professional Program (BS/MS) in Accounting or Taxation, and a Ph.D. in accounting. Our faculty demonstrates expertise in a multitude of accounting disciplines, and the department is separately accredited by the AACSB and endorsed by the Institute of Internal Auditors and the Institute of Management Accountants.
The Accounting Department is nationally recognized for its research, climbing to 24th in the most recent rankings for accounting research in experimental accounting and 1st and 17th in the areas of AIS and financial experimental accounting research , respectively.
Please visit our website for more information: https://cob.unt.edu/acct.
Inquiries and Application Applications should include: (1) a cover letter that explains how you meet the qualifications; (2) resume; (3) evidence of teaching excellence/teaching evaluations; and (4) a list of three references with their contact details.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to visit (https://jobs.untsystem.edu/postings/58165) for more information and/or to apply. All applications must be submitted electronically, through UNT’s online system. Questions can be directed to our Research Committee Chair, Govind Iyer ([email protected]).
The University of North Texas system and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and to comply with all applicable federal and state non-discrimination and affirmative action laws. The University of North Texas system and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admissions processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices