Lecturer / Lecturer in Finance and Accounting (Teaching and Research)
Competitive salary and benefits
University of Exeter Business School
The position sits at the University of Exeter Business School. We are looking to expand our team of outstanding researchers and teachers by appointing a Lecturer or Senior Lecturer. We hope to hire faculty who will help build on our current strengths in climate finance, corporate governance, investments, and corporate disclosure.
We are looking for talented academics with expertise in one or more of the following areas: climate risk, climate change, environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues, sustainable and responsible investments, green finance, environmental governance, climate policy, sustainable development, carbon pricing, energy markets, renewable energy, responsible finance and corporate sustainability.
We are also looking for those who have a strong record of achievement in innovative research, as well as a passion for interdisciplinary teaching, and who have the skills to conduct high-quality research and teach a range of courses at the undergraduate level. from the business school. , postgraduate and doctoral programs.
For a lecturer position, you will have:
- A PhD or equivalent in finance/business or related fields and have an independent and internationally recognized research program in a relevant active research area
- A track record in four-star peer-reviewed ABS publications, or demonstrate potential to do so
- A strong track record of securing research funding, or demonstrated potential to attract such funding
- An active approach to interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary research
- Enthusiasm to deliver high quality undergraduate and postgraduate programs
- The attitude and ability to engage in continuous professional development
For the lecturer, in addition to the above, you will have:
- Strong research leadership potential
- A track record in ABS four-star peer-reviewed publications and success in capturing major grants
- Relationships with external organizations and funders / and knowledge and experience of key sectors or business challenges
- Close links with business, government and/or civil society organizations Involvement in projects that develop impact
What can we offer you
- The freedom (and support) to pursue your intellectual interests and work creatively across disciplines to produce exciting research internationally;
- Support teams that understand University-wide research and teaching goals and partner with our academics accordingly
- An Innovation, Impact and Business Directorate that works closely with our academics providing specialist support for external engagement and development
- Our Exeter Academic initiative which helps high-achieving academics realize their potential and develop their careers
- A host of employee benefits, including industry-leading maternity, adoption and shared parental leave (up to 26 weeks on full pay), paternity leave (up to 6 weeks on full salary) and a new fertility treatment policy
- A beautiful campus located in the heart of beautiful Devon
About the Finance & Accounting department
The Department of Finance and Accounting at the University of Exeter Business School is research-driven and dedicated to teaching excellence. Newly formed in 2019, the Department is committed to producing world-class research with economic and societal impact, and to delivering an engaging research-based education that helps students achieve the highest standards and realize their potential to impact the world. We are committed to advancing theory and working with leaders and managers of organizations to find practical solutions to their most important problems.
Staff members have recently published in journals such as Review of Financial Studies, Journal of Accounting and Economics, Management Science, and Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis.
The department is home to the world renowned Xfi Center for Financial Investment (click here) and the recently founded Exeter Center for Sustainable Finance (click here).
The University of Exeter
We are a member of the prestigious Russell Group of research-intensive universities and among the top 150 universities in the world (Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2019). We combine world-class teaching with world-class research, achieving a gold rating in the 2017 Teaching Excellence Framework Award.
Our research income over recent years means we are Britain’s fastest growing research university with some of the most influential scientists in the world, and we seek to answer some of the most fundamental problems facing humanity. faced today thanks to this. 98% of our research is of international quality (2014 Research Excellence Framework). We encourage proactive engagement with industry, business, and community partners to enhance research and education impact and improve the employability of our students. Exeter is one of the few UK cities to have been designated a UNESCO Creative City. In 2019 Devon was voted as having the best quality of life of anywhere in England and Wales, making it a popular choice for work and study.
At the University of Exeter Business School, our research and teaching impact the most fundamental challenges facing the world today – climate change and biodiversity loss, digital transformation, income inequality and gender. We are a learning community made up of employees, students and alumni that celebrates equality, diversity and inclusion.
The University of Exeter Business School is one of the few to receive the prestigious triple accreditation from the three largest and most influential business school accrediting bodies AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA. We rank highly in UK and international rankings and are ranked number one in the UK for graduate employability.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion at Exeter
With over 27,000 students and 6,400 staff from 180 different countries, we offer a diverse and engaging environment in which to work. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, Disability Confident Employer and an Athena Swan Accredited Institution. Since 2019, the university has also signed an Armed Forces Pact, demonstrating the University’s commitment to supporting the armed forces community. While all applicants will be judged solely on merit, we particularly welcome applications from groups currently underrepresented in the workforce.
Please be sure to read our Job Description and Person Specifications for full details of these positions: Senior Lecturer and Senior Lecturer
Please contact Professor Enrico Onali, Head of Finance and Accounting Department via email ([email protected])