Here is a scenario you may be familiar with. An associate in your business specializes in a niche. But it doesn’t show up in search results as prominently as it should or could. What can you do to help them improve their search rankings and generate more leads for the business?
5 SEO tips for niche services
First, create a dedicated webpage or landing page for the niche service you want to elevate. Make sure the page contains the following:
- Title tag with the niche keyword, for example, Best Austin Accounting Firm for Nonprofits
- Description tag with the niche keyword, it should be less than 160 characters (including spaces), for example, [Firm name] has been serving the non-profit industry for over 30 years. Helping them maximize tax deductions, while increasing cash flow.
- Keyword tag with a phrase focused on the keyword, for example, accounting best practices for nonprofits
- Header tags (at least one) must also include the keyword, such as [featured partner’s name] Runs our nonprofit practice, how [firm name] Helping Nonprofits Succeed, or What Our Nonprofit Clients Have to Say.
- Include a form on the page for upload, such as a case study or best practice tips booklet, to collect leads.
Second, identify existing blog content or resources for the niche. Then add the name of the partner as the author on these elements. You can also create a pillar page (a single page with a list of blog posts and resources for that niche) that links to all content related to the niche. If you have more than one prominent niche member, put a different name on each resource.
Third, make sure the image alt tag and image file name incorporate the partner name, keyword, and company, for example, the alt tag would be similar to [firm name] [partner name]CPA for Nonprofits, and the name of the image file can be partner_name_CPA_Nonprofit_firm_name.png.
Image Alt Tag and Example Filename
MyCPAFirm Livingston, CPA for non-profit organizations
Becky_Livingston_CPA_ MyCPAFirm_ Nonprofit.png
Fourth, when posting content on social media related to the niche, mention the name of the partner in the copy, eg Need help? Contact [insert partner name]. Also include the company’s branded hashtag and #nonprofit on the image or in the post copy.
Fifth, on their LinkedIn bio, or any social media bio, add the niche area in the title and any relevant experience. Be concise and concise, using a bulleted format, as follows:
Name of partner, CPA
Specializing in nonprofit success
Bonus Tip: If the niche is an important business goal, create a social media, content development, and marketing strategy to support that goal.
What niche do you want to rank for?